CHAMBERSBURG, Pa.— The Tide® (www.TheTide.org) ministry, a global radio initiative dedicated to sharing the Gospel in listeners’ native languages, is celebrating news from their partners in India. In just the past three months, 4185 people have responded to The Tide® ministry’s programs, with hundreds of listeners asking for corresponding literature about the Gospel to share with friends and family.
“This report from India is incredible news,” stated The Tide® Director Don Shenk. “Christians only make up two percent of India’s population, so for many listeners, our programs are the first time they are hearing about Christ. By speaking to them about Christ in their own native languages and offering them literature that further explains how much God loves them, we are helping them relate to a God who deeply cares for them on a personal level.”
The help and attention The Tide® ministry gives towards new converts is incredibly important. Christianity is an overwhelming minority in India and it’s easy for new believers to merge their new faith with the cultural beliefs around them. A recent report reveals that a substantial number of Indian Christians follow religious practices and beliefs not aligned with Christianity, such as reincarnation, karma, and the power of the Ganges River.
“This mixing of beliefs is typical for an area saturated with many different religions,” Shenk commented. “While we celebrate the thousands of people who have responded to the Gospel through our radio broadcasts, we are equally aware of how vital it is to continue our work in the region and show the people the inherent truth of the Gospel message.”
For more information about what The Tide® ministry is doing in India and the surrounding region, click here.
After over 75 years of Gospel radio broadcasting, The Tide® ministry and its partners will focus on the core foundations of “The Tide Diamond Vision” for the next seven decades:
- Amplify – The Tide® ministry will increase ministry initiatives so that more people can experience God’s grace.
- Magnify – The Tide® ministry will work to grow its support base to an expanded demographic.
- Solidify – The Tide® ministry will develop and supply more resources to help new believers to grow in their faith and live in right relationship with God.
- Verify – The Tide® ministry will measure the effectiveness of its activities to both manage them well and to demonstrate the efficient stewardship of resources.
- Glorify – The Tide® ministry will strive to ensure that all it does to achieve its vision will bring glory to God.
For more information about The Tide® ministry broadcast projects, history, radio programs around the world, special year-long campaigns, the weekly Global Update radio features or other news, visit its website at www.thetide.org or its Facebook page.
To schedule interviews with Don Shenk, director of The Tide® global radio ministry, contact Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, Beth Harrison, 610.584.1096, ext. 105, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 102.
To inquire about airing any of The Tide® ministry radio broadcasts, contact Michael Hamilton,610.584.1096, ext. 101.