While many in the missional outreach community are familiar with The Tide® ministry, there is still work to be done to raise awareness about our mission. We are a global outreach that utilizes radio broadcasts to share the Gospel of Christ in 39 countries on three different continents. In 2021 we celebrated 75 years of ministry around the world, with millions hearing the Gospel and accepting Christ as their Savior.
Even as we celebrated this seven-decade achievement, Don Shenk, director of The Tide® ministry, and his team were planning ahead for the next 75 years. In 2021, we unrolled our “Diamond Vision” plan, outlining our rededication to the ministry for the years to come.
Shenk commented, “After 75 years of global radio outreach, we are so humbled by the impact The Tide has had on the world. We love to hear from people around the world about how they first heard the Gospel through one of our radio programs—but we can’t stop there. We need to plan for the next 75 years, and our Diamond Vision plan highlights the core foundations that The Tide® ministry is heading towards for the future.”
The second key foundation that we are focusing on is “Magnify,” which defines how the organization will enlarge the core donor base to an expanded demographic that reaches well beyond central Pennsylvania. We are extremely grateful for the generous support donors joyfully provide and hope to build on that foundation by raising awareness and inspiring more people to engage and shine the Light of Christ into hearts shrouded in spiritual darkness.
The goal is to achieve an attainable budget to support The Tide® ministry’s vision by developing new tools to increase local support and engage donors across North America.
In addition to the goal to “Magnify” the vision, The Tide® ministry and its partners will focus on four other core foundationsof “The Tide Diamond Vision:”
- Amplify – The Tide ministry will increase ministry initiatives so that more people can experience God’s grace.
- Magnify – The Tide ministry will work to grow its support base to an expanded demographic.
- Solidify – The Tide ministry will develop and supply more resources to help new believers to grow in their faith and live in right relationship with God.
- Verify – The Tide ministry will measure the effectiveness of its activities to both manage them well and to demonstrate the efficient stewardship of resources.
- Glorify – The Tide ministry will strive to ensure that all it does to achieve its vision will bring glory to God.
In addition, we are always actively looking for people godly and manly enough to take up the 2022 “Year Beard” challenge. Visit www.YearBeard.org for background and to meet some of the participants who are growing out their facial hair to raise awareness and financial support to help The Tide ministry reach an additional 1 million people with the name of Jesus next year.