In August 1946, The Tide® ministry broadcast its first Gospel program, airing locally in Chambersburg, Pa. We began producing global broadcasts, recorded in the languages of listeners, across Southern Africa in 1978. Since then, they have extended their programming to share the Gospel through radio programs in 30 languages on three continents.
“I am blessed to be a part of the work the Lord is doing through The Tide ministry,” said Don Shenk. “When Reverend Charlie Byers began The Gospel Tide Hour 75 years ago, he had no idea how God would grow one domestic program to reach millions of hearts internationally. Similarly, we at The Tide ministry in 2021 have no idea, but eagerly anticipate seeing, how He will use the ministry in the coming years.”
Celebrating our 75th anniversary as their Diamond Year, we are using the diamond for inspiration as they plan upcoming projects. The English word ‘diamond’ is derived from the Greek word Adamas which means something enduring, lasting, and invincible. 1 Corinthians 13:7 teaches that love, like a diamond, endures all things. The Tide ministry’s dedication to introducing Christ’s enduring love to people around the world is represented in another derivative of Adamas: the word adamant. The ministry stands adamantly for proclaiming truth and showing love to those who need it most.
Looking ahead to the next 75 years, The Tide ministry and its partners will focus on the core foundations of “The Tide Diamond Vision”:
- Amplify – The Tide ministry will increase ministry initiatives so that more people can experience God’s grace.
- Magnify – The Tide ministry will work to grow its support base to an expanded demographic.
- Solidify – The Tide ministry will develop and supply more resources to help new believers to grow in their faith and live in right relationship with God.
- Verify – The Tide ministry will measure the effectiveness of its activities to both manage them well and to demonstrate the efficient stewardship of resources.
- Glorify – The Tide ministry will strive to ensure that all it does to achieve its vision will bring glory to God.